Have you seen Dr. Folkert G Zijlstra?

Best GI Doctor

I have seen him for upper GI and colonoscopy and he and staff have always been reassuring and wonderful. I could not imagine seeing anyone else for GI issues.

He’s a good doctor but needs to get his previous nurse back, she was very nice and helpful.

Great physician, horrible scheduling

Dr. Zijlstra is very knowledgeable and seems to genuinely be concerned with his patient's needs. I would absolutely give him 5 stars, however, the scheduling is HORRIBLE. You have to fight with them to get an appointment that isn't 3 months out! I had to have my oncologist call twice and make them see me. Also, his nurse Cindy is VERY unfriendly. Calling in to talk to her is a nightmare, and she lacks the bedside manner needed to be a nurse. We saw a medical assistant at our last visit who was much friendlier! Hopefully she will be there for our next visit!

Poor never even met him during my Colonoscopy

He took 3 biospy’s and I didn’t even have a pulup. Not one. I never got any answers as to why, he never even told me. I found out when I checked my Parkview site That I had a $6000.00 bill and called and asked why! Still no answers. I couldn’t even get past the nurse. I hate this doctor. I DI T EVEN KNOW HOW THE TESTS CANE BACK. NEVER ANY FOLLOW UP OR OAPER IR PHO E CALL. DO T USE HIM!

I would rate him at 0 if there were such a rating. He never identified my husbands problem and ignored him when he couldn't figure it out. Took him out of state and was diagnosed in 24 hours after he was placed in the hospital. He was close to dying and it was celiac disease which could not be identified from a simple blood test. While he had done an endoscopy he still did not recognize the changes in the intestines nor did he biopsy!!!

Dr. Folkert G Zijlstra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.