Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fouzia M Rishi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Fouzia M Rishi has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Fouzia M Rishi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I began bringing my first child to see Dr. Rishi 21 years ago and two children later, we are still cared for by this practice. She has always been attentive, caring and professional. Her whole team is outstanding. This practice is a blessing to our community and in a time when physicians are in short supply, we should be honored to have highly skilled physicians in Waynesboro caring for our children.
Dr. Rishi's supporting staff is great. The other doctors in her practice seem knowledgable and have a good bedside manner with the children. But as for Dr. Rishi herself.... Terrible. A severe GOD complex. Multiple times she had left the room while the patient is in mid-sentence. She has misdiagnosed our children multiple times. She seems very cold. Extremely rude. At times she seems to not even care. Though I have no way to confirm my next statement, I swear she was high one time I took my kids in for strep throat. (Which she said was negative, then positive, then negative again... 24hours later it was confirmed as positive by another doctor) I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Fouzia M Rishi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Specialists Franklin, 27 Vista Dr Ste 3, Waynesboro, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fouzia M Rishi in this video.
Dr. Fouzia M Rishi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waynesboro, PA.