Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francene Mason
Dr. Francene Mason, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boulder, CO. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Mason is affiliated with M L Hospital Bryn Mawr Hospital and PA Hospital of The University of PA Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Francene Mason has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Nutrition Disorders
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Mason is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
M L Hospital Bryn Mawr Hospital
PA Hospital of The University of PA Health System
36 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Francene Mason accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFrancene Mason MD, 4981 Valhalla Dr, Boulder, CO
Dr. Francene Mason is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.