Dr. Frances Gurtman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Frances Gurtman?

Posted on February 24th, 2016

I have written the last three reviews. If I could I would delete them to write just one but can't. I think each point is important for other people to evaluate. I have to follow with last issue. I came to feel she didn't like me, thought I was basically a complainer with anxieties. She essentially told me she didn't want to see me until physical. Were she familiar with all reactions to meds she would have known it wasn't anxiety. Each time she treated me this way I became more anxious about seeing her. This became an impossible situation for me over time. I left. A kind and patient cardiologist resolved bp issue easily. I recently had hip surgery and developed complications. My new Pcp stepped in, getting me into rehab quickly. It took a lot of effort and caring. I don't think I would have gotten this from Dr gurtman. She would have written it off to anxiety. A little respect goes a long way. I had once thought very highly of her. Unfortunately in my opinion has changed. I do think she caused me some harm by her attitude.

Posted on November 27th, 2015

Not a good doctor if your problems are nebulous. If can't find answer downplays symptoms, too slow to bring in specialist even when asked. Blames anxieties. On two occasions specialists were shocked I hadn't been referred sooner. Actually need hip replacement but Gurtman said I didn't need to see orthopedist when I asked. In addition complaints about hip and back pain were dismissed with callous disregard. Advise walk a lot--sure while in agony. She had made it apparent she didn't know how to treat me and didn't like treating me but never suggested I change docs or see specialist. Her failing; mine was staying too long. Only good for some conditions. I won't advise seeing.

Not for me

Posted on October 27th, 2015

She didn't grasp completely how sensitive I am to medications and thought I was overreacting. Insisted I stay on med that was causing serious side effects. I became sicker and sicker. She treated me in demeaning manner and told me to see a psychologist. She was not able to recognize the problem was physical. Fortunately, I was strong enough to use my own judgment, stopped med and was better immediately. Changed docs and realized how her approach had affected me negatively. Can't recommend.

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

She used to be a better listener. However, now if she has her mind made up as to what is wrong she can't hear you. She caused me a great deal of unnecessary pain for quite a while because she dismissed what I was saying. I have changed PCPs.

Posted on May 10th, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Gurtman to my friends and everyone! I love my Doctor, she spends time with me, doesn't rush me, very knowledgable and I feel comfortable with her.

Mediocre at best

Posted on January 20th, 2014

In the past two weeks, I had waited twice for more then 45 minutes and she never showed up. I left the practice without being seen due to other commitments.

Posted on February 29th, 2012

Great diagnostician thorough attention to details. Calm manner and great listener.

Will never see this doctor again

Posted on October 7th, 2011

Very poor manner. Does not spend enough time with her patients and does not seem interested in the patient's welfare.

Truly a "Top Doc"

Posted on January 26th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Gurtman's for many years. She is extremely caring, a great listener, and makes you feel heard. She has returned my calls on evenings and weekends at home, and personally follows up on test results. She's amazing.

Posted on December 4th, 2017