Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frances B Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frances B Hughes has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Hughes always seems to help me have a better understanding of what might be happen to my body. She is never dismissive of any issues I bring to her attention and she always goes way above and beyond the minimumin order to help find solutions to those issues. In addition, she has such a warm and caring disposition.
I called looking for an internist as I had read on another site that she charged an office visit fee to speak with you on the phone...YES, she does charge if you need to talk to her about a prescription, adjust a medication or if you are sick and are out of town and need a prescription...That, in my opinion is totally out of line & tells me she is in it for the $$$. Never in my life have I had a doctor do that...and I am a senior citizen. Needless to say, I found another internist Disclaimer: Just clicked 1 on all experience questions as didn't see the doctor...just spoke with the office staff but couldn't submit this without an overall rating.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
24 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Frances B Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsRoper Saint Frances Physician Partners, 325 Folly Rd Ste 102B, Charleston, SC
Dr. Frances B Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.