Dr. Frances Kendall Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Frances Kendall?

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on March 25th, 2015

After years and years of dealing with a problem, about a year ago I decided to figure out the cause, partly since I was tired of dealing with it, and mostly given it was getting worse over the last several years and becoming disruptive to both work and life. I went to numerous doctors with various specialties, and had a lot of tests that didn't provide the necessary information. It was good information, as much to rule out things as to find a cause, but I decided I needed an expert, and my research led me to Dr. Kendall. I didn't mind traveling to Atlanta given the need for an advanced specialty level. It was very clear to me she reviewed the information I had sent prior to my first appointment (and it was a lot of information), as had an excellent understanding of my medical history. She asked a lot of questions and listened to my answers. She was very receptive to me asking questions, spent the time needed (I never felt I was being rushed), and gave very good understandable explanations. After each appointment she sent out her notes as to what was discussed and the next steps involved, and the notes were very detailed, again, was clear she listened and understood. After assessing the possible causes, she ordered some specific testing and I finally got the information as to the cause of my issues, something I hadn't been able to get in 20+ years. I couldn't say enough good things about her and the office, very professional, and I feel very good that she had a real interest in trying to solve the puzzle. I hope this information helps.

Posted on March 11th, 2015

The receptionist was the rudest most condescending man I've ever met. Stay away!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

Dr. Kendall came highly recommended to me, through an online community. At first, I was hesitant to make the trip to Atlanta, since the visit would be out-of-pocket. But, after my phone call to their clinic, I was convinced that it would be worthwhile. While waiting for my visit, I compiled a list of questions. But, when I sat down with her, she answered most, before I had the opportunity to ask them. It amazed me just how much she knew about my symptoms. All of the blood work that she ordered was covered by my insurance, but the initial DNA test cost around $250 (including the special shipping requirements). The DNA test results played a key role in gaining a clearer view to my illness. To attain an "official" diagnosis, an expensive exome test would need to be performed, but my insurance doesn't cover it. At this time, I have forgone the option, but Dr. Kendall was able to provide documents which assure proper treatment in cases of emergency. I've already begun my customized Mito Cocktail and have seen some results! The bottom line is ... it will cost money and time to get your diagnosis and recommendations, but in the end, it is priceless!

Best Doctor

Posted on August 20th, 2014

I have been seeing numerous doctors over the past four years concerning my debilitating illness. Dr Kendall is the only one that showed the knowledge and compassion to help me . She has restored my faith in western medicine

The very best

Posted on September 17th, 2013

At a time when so many are not focused on customer service, Dr Kendall and her husband are the exception. It is makes makes me not think twice about traveling states to see her. Regardless of the questions I asked, Dr Kendall has been very patient with us to ensure we felt listened too. My voice is close to normal again after years of losing it by mid-day. I know my symptoms are no where near the extremes she sees, but Dr Kendall's help has changed my life. I was seriously considering leaving my job and her expertise and guidance/care has given me back my quality of life. Dr Kendall is my hero! Seems the weird negative posts are from someone with issues as Dr Kendall is 180 degrees away from their story. Almost makes me think they are fake posts or posts by another doctor that does not like how successful Dr Kendall is.

Long Term Patient - Child here because of her

Posted on September 12th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Kendall's for a long time and I am very suspicious of the posts made about her being fake. Dr Kendall has always been responsive, caring, compassionate, kind, and knowledgeable to the point of being cutting edge. She is everything we could ever hope from a doctor and my child would not be here today if it were not for Dr Kendall. I would recommend to anyone that they see for themselves how fantastic she is.

Disappointed and Possible Harm Could Come

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

This doctor initially shows much compassion and gives hope, but when one is truly in a state of emergency is impossible for other doctors to connect with for consult and support. Which is often necessary, and leaves one abandoned! Her tone changes drastically when in a true emergency, and there is little to no compassion at these times. She also does not bill insurance, and has no answering service in place for emergencies. I would think twice before seeing this doctor, considering the HIGH out of pocket cost, that often leads to no true support. She bills for everything, even if one needs an ER protocol letter, it is billed. It is also very hard to get one's chart, without having to pay. I truly think this practice is around making money, more than truly helping children and adults with rare conditions.

Doctor's Response

I know who this patient is and we confronted her about her unwarranted outbursts as she states here and elsewhere. This patient came back for care one month later once she learned that the info that her physician was seeking was being taken care by Dr Kendall directly and not through her. Dr Kendall was responding to the issues while cross country attending a mito specific medical conference that medical boards demand that she attend. Dr Kendall was answering issues while in a lecture and she did not see her colleagues doing such things for their patients. We do NOT CHARGE for our standard protocol letters but as any physician dealing with the most complex cases we do charge if the patient demands that the protocol be customized specifically to them. It is untrue that we charge for one's chart as we provide records to CURRENT patients free of charge and charge a small fee for records set to 3rd parties or for records on patients not seen in the last 14 months. It is highly offensive to think that Dr Kendall's 20+ yrs of dedication to the most complex and often abused patients (children or adults) with rare disorders was somehow only focused on money. We have dedicated our lives and money to helping others and yes, our practice is not conventional. That is because the current system is not allowing or enabling a thriving genetics field. Look around as their are fewer and fewer experts in this field so we decided to do something about it so we could be there for those in need. Seek out the long list of testimonials on our webpage or ask the 2,000 plus fans of our facebook site what they think.

Posted on April 25th, 2012

Be aware of this Dr. she has left many many facilities and also does not take ins.She is very nice at first but that quickly changes if you need something.sometimes it takes 2 visits or so before you see this change with her but i was not pleased with her overall medical care as well.she made it sound like she was going to be of all kinds of help but when it came down to it that quickly changed.her husband has rudely responded to emails in the past and many of my drs have difficult time reaching her.just be careful!

Doctor's Response

Not sure what this person's agenda is as their comments are in stark contrast to the other posts here or the feedback we receive from our patients. I spent close to 10 years with Harvard system, moved to GA as head of Genetics and within 2 yrs the hospitals decided to merge and did not want to support program, created my own lab and practice that grew for 8 yrs until it was dissolved due to a partner dispute, went back to academia for a few months but felt stymied by the lack of focus and direction so started VMP practice in 2009, over 4 yrs ago. I am sorry that due to the demands placed upon me as a world renown expert that I cannot respond to every single question that any patient may have. My husband and I do our best to deal with the demands placed upon us by patients or their families that are living under stress. Like any specialist we tell patients to please, please have your doctors call in which I gladly respond to between patient appointments. As any specialist not in an academic setting or lab, I cannot take every call that happens to come in as they come in but I do respond to MD calls. Seek out the long list of testimonials on our webpage or ask the 2,000 plus fans of our facebook site what they think.

Posted on November 4th, 2011

Dr. Kendall is the most intelligent and caring doctor we have, and we have quite a few. She is very accessible and always willing to go a step further than other doctors on our team, as far as figuring out difficult problems (even in areas that may not be her specialty) and finding an appropriate solution. She is one of the few doctors who really listens and takes time with her patients. The time she dedicates to a patient does not end when that patient walks out the door.

Glad I saw her for many reasons

Posted on November 4th, 2011

She came highly recommended and lived up to it. I learned more in the 60 minutes I had with her than the past 6 years. Her focus is not testing, but test as needed to improve care. With her it is about improving care.

Posted on December 5th, 2017