Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francine F Mccain has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Women's Health
- Sexual Disorders
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 35
I NEVER write negative reviews like this. But I need to let people know how bad of an experience we had with Dr. Francine McCain. My 22 year old daughter (who has never been sexually active) wanted to get checked out because of her heavy and painful menstration. She is a very strong young woman with a high tollerence for pain, but was still very nervous about this appt as she has always been very modest as well. I went with her to this appt. From the get go, Dr. McCain seemed to be in a kind of rush, and didn't seem to really "listen" to our concerns. That was bad enough. But what was HORRIBLE was the way she physically handled my daughter. We made very clear that she was a virgin and very modest and nervous. She apparently ignored this. She used a REGULAR sized scope to do an exam on my daughter! She basically was very rough and insensitive, telling my daughter, "just relax". She then basically shoved the thing in! My daughter was in so much pain that she was shaking and almost passed out afterwards. It was also VERY obvious that she was in this pain, but Dr. McCain IGNORED it! And just kept going and when she was done, quickly finished up and left the room. I felt Horrible for my daughter and I felt bad that I didn't jump in and knock the doctor out to stop her from hurting my daughter so bad. Now I know that some people are more sensitive than others. And some may say that my daughter was just sore because she was a virgin. I understand that. We both do. So we expected some discomfort, but this was INEXCUSABLE. This happened almost a year ago. It has taken this long to help my daughter thru the trauma of the experience to get her to go see a different doctor for some help. (since there was NO way we were going back to Dr. McCain). We just took her to another obgyn yesterday at a different facility. And let's just say, Hallelujah! This doctor was gentle, she listened, was caring, and did NOT HURT her! Yes, the experience was "uncomfortable" physically, but NO pain! Now THAT is the way a doctor who specializes in WOMEN'S care should handle her patients! At this point, and comparing the two doctors, I don't know how Dr. McCain is licensed or could have return patients. PLEASE, Dr. McCain, if you are reading this, learn some bedside manners, and learn to be gentle with your patients. What you do for a living can destroy a person when done wrong. To those looking for a good obgyn, make sure the doctor LISTENS to you and doesn't act like she's just wanting to push you thru the door. Like I said, I do NOT like writing these kind of reviews. But this time I had to. :(
11 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Francine F Mccain accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAthens Womens Health Center, 115 Medical Cir Ste 103, Athens, TX
Dr. Francine F Mccain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, TX.