Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis K Acquah MD
Dr. Francis K Acquah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peachtree City, GA, with other offices in Atlanta, GA and Atlanta, GA (and 2 other locations). His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Acquah is affiliated with Newton Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis K Acquah has 5 locations
3166 Chestnut Dr
Atlanta, GA 30340
3200 Shakerag Hl Ste A
Peachtree City, GA 30269
3166 Chestnut Drive Conn # 100
Atlanta, GA 30340
Book Online Now
Dr. Francis K Acquah has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Francis K Acquah has the following 3 expertise
- Wounds and Injuries
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis K Acquah - Posted on December 14th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis K Acquah - Posted on October 24th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Acquah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Francis K Acquah Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Francis K Acquah
Dr. Acquah received his M.D. degree from Ghana Medical School.He completed an Internship in Pediatric and General Surgery at the Korle-BU Hospital in Ghana, a Residency in Anesthesia at Emory University Hospital and a Fellowship in Pain Medicine at Emory University Hospital.Dr. Acquah is certified in Anesthesiology.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Francis K Acquah is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Peachtree City, GA.