Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis P Alcedo
Dr. Francis P Alcedo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trumbull, CT. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Alcedo is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital and Bridgeport Hospital. Dr. Alcedo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Francis P Alcedo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Francis P Alcedo has the following 12 expertise
- Bone Densitometry
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss
Showing 2 of 11
This doctor is not only rude and cold-hearted but from my experience he does not seem to care at all about his patients well-being. The first time I met Dr. Alcedo I was in the hospital and he made me stop in the middle of showering to talk to him. He was so rude that while I pulled on my pants with soap still in my hair he was banging on the door telling me to get out now. He spoke to me as if I were inferior to him and did not even answer my questions. The next time I saw Dr. Alcedo I was in the hospital again. He suggested I had an illness that I was not tested for and that did not fit my symptoms. He also refused to release me from the hospital when I was able and ready to leave to go to an extremely important work meeting, because the results were not in for a test which I had already undergone 4 times with the same results. I would not recommend Dr. Alcedo to anyone.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Alcedo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1994
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Francis P Alcedo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRIMED, 999 Silver Ln Ste 3A, Trumbull, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis P Alcedo, MD - Internal Medicine in Trumbull, CT, in this video.
Dr. Francis P Alcedo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Trumbull, CT.