Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francis B Baccay has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Critical Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
We met Dr. Baccay as the surgeon on call in the ER at Westchester Medical Center. Meeting him and having him assigned to my son's case made the experience at Westchester Medical worth the nightmare it can be. Dr. Baccay is knowledgeable and fully aware that medical terminology needs to be translated for the average person. He never makes you feel that he is too busy for your case. He is conservative as a surgeon, meaning that he looks at every alternative before recommending surgery. He treats the WHOLE patient...the medical problem, the psychological aspects, the other specialists are brought in for consult...and he is wonderful with the crazed family members. Can't say enough good things about this very special physician.
Dr. Baccay saved my mothers life multiple times. Having a disease that no matter what will reoccur and will always require surgery, I couldn't think of any other doctor I could want more than Dr. Baccay. And to be able to say this being part of the medical field myself is inspiring. He makes me better at what I do and want to be. More importantly he knows exactly how far he must go to save lives everyday.
After a recent auto accident, I was taken to Westchester Medical Center, where Dr. Baccay performed a splenectomy on me.The procedure was succesful, although I experienced complications. But I feel that Dr. B and the Westchester team performed a great job.What made it special, for me, was the level of care and communication Dr. Baccay provided. When it was touch and go and my family was worried about me, they could telephone him and he would spend time explaining the situation, giving them the facts, and - in essence - looking after them. Now, even 3 months after my operation, he makes himself available to be contacted 'whenever'.A thoroughly nice guy, in addition to a great surgeon.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Francis B Baccay accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMontefiore Greene Medical Arts Pavilion, 3400 Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis B Baccay in this video.
Dr. Francis B Baccay is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Bronx, NY.