Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francis A Caban has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
HORRIBLE STAFF!!!! Makes you wait forever! Did a biopsy on me and then when I was leaving they "forgot" to tell me I needed to pay $103 for it. Another lady saw I was upset and said their normal protocol is for the patient to sign off on a fee before getting procedure done but that wasn't the case with me. I will never go there ever again!
After months of going to different physicians, Dr. Caban finally diagnosed my problem. Not only did I begin treatment at my appointment the next day, when I told him I could not afford the entire cost of my procedure he said it was fine and gave me a significant discount. He truly does CARE about his patients.
I have been to this office several times. Let me start by saying I NEVER write reviews. I have 2 small children and no time for review. After many long wait appts. and bad experiences with staff....today was the cherry. I was asked to pay 130.00 because insurance wasn't covering...I said I did not have the money on me. I did want results so I waited and waited and waited. I had my 2 babies with me because I dont have a babysitter. After over an hour they said the lab was closed and couldn't give me results. Could someone not have called me and told me this so I wouldn't of gone to the office at 7:30 am with 2 babies??!!!! Then by mistake the lady calls me in and the front dek woman says NOO she cant be seen she cant pay. The lady calling me in says "Whyd you give me here file then???!!!" and throws it on the counter..... everyone was rude..no-one cared I was there with kids...no one cares that I was concerned if I have cancer or not. Truly the worst staff and dr ever! If I could give -zero stars I would. I repeat I never do reviews but I must urge you not to go here!
Dr. Caban is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
San Juan City Hospital
Dr. Francis A Caban accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCaban Skin Institute, 109 Margaret St, Brandon, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis A Caban in this video.
Dr. Francis A Caban is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brandon, FL.