The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr has the following 2 expertise
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Wonderful, caring Doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr - Posted on June 23rd, 2017
I was referred to Dr. Cannizzo for my Gallbladder surgery. He was the most caring, understanding, and compassionate Dr. I'd ever gone to. He spent an hour with me in his office on my first visit and listened to all of my problems and answered all of my questions. My surgery was almost painless.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr - Posted on October 18th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr - Posted on April 7th, 2013
The BEST of the BEST
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr - Posted on January 31st, 2011
Dr. Cannizzo is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! I have NEVER in my life met a more dedicated, personal, caring doctor. If you are diagnosed with cancer and need surgery, THIS IS THE DOCTOR to go to. Not that any cancer diagnoses is pleasant, but he made it all bearable. Nothing but praises for this man!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr, MD - Surgical Oncology in Danbury, CT, in this video.
Dr. Francis Cannizzo Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Danbury, CT.