The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis D Ferdinand
Dr. Francis D Ferdinand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Ferdinand is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, Crozer-Chester Medical Center and Hahnemann University Hospital. Dr. Ferdinand has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis D Ferdinand has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Coronary Disease
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Ferdinand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Francis D Ferdinand accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlbany Medical College of Union University, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis D Ferdinand in this video.
Dr. Francis D Ferdinand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.