Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr
Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Orange, NJ, with another office in Orange, NJ. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Gialanella is affiliated with Essex County Hospital Center. Dr. Gialanella has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
Dr G is an OK doctor but his office is constantly overbooked, his staff isn't very friendly or helpful. It's almost impossible to get through to a live person, they keep the phone on busy in the morning, lunchtime and late afternoon. The wait time always exceeds 1 hour, it's usually an hour (minimum) in the waiting room and then another 20-30 minutes in the exam room, for what ends up being a 10 minutes exam.
Dr. Giananella is great doctor, however booking appointments are horrible. I generally only make appointments when I am extremly sick and I usually get the response of coming in the next week?? That I don't understand, I usually have bouts with sinusitis and if that goes untreated the sickness get worse and it can't be treated with over the counter medications. To make a patient wait 4 or 5 days before seeing a doctor can cuase serious health risks. I spoke to him about it and he did advise that if I was given a far off appointment date to request one of the other doctors that are available in his practice. I tried the alternative and it works, however I would like to see my Primary Care Physician. He is a great doctor, but just has an over abundance of patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gialanella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1995
Temple University Health System
Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Francis J Gialanella Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.