Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francis S Hunter has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Francis S Hunter has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. Francis S Hunter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Went into preterm labor for the second time & it could not be stopped that time. It was during snow storm Jonas & he was the OB on call & I ultimately had to have an emergency c section. Although I was upset that my OB couldn't deliver my baby, Dr. Hunter done an amazing job with my baby (32 weeker) & I. My scar is also almost nonexistent, great job in the OR.
DrScott hunter is wonderful caring dr i couldnt ask for a better dr to deliver my 2 kids hes amazing :) and so sweet
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hunter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. Francis S Hunter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Virginia University Physicians of Charleston, 830 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 408, Charleston, WV
Dr. Francis S Hunter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.