Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis Merlo
Dr. Francis Merlo, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lewes, DE. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Merlo is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center, Medical Center of Ocean County and Jersey Shore University Medical Center. Dr. Merlo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis Merlo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 11
The staff is not courteous or professional. They do not call you the day before to confirm your appointment nor stick to the time they do give you. My husband took a day off of work to go to an appt they gave him at 930 and when he arrived they said it was at 9. When I called to see what happened they lied to me and told me my husband was aware his appt. was at 9 and they were sorry but they couldnt fit him in. They were very rude and incompassionate and this includes the office managers. The doctor is wonderful, the staff is terribley unprofessional and unfortunately this is a reflection on the practice as a whole since they are who you deal with initially.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Merlo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Riverview Medical Center
Medical Center of Ocean County
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Ocean Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBeebe Healthcare, 33663 Bayview Medical Dr, Lewes, DE
Dr. Francis Merlo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewes, DE.