Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francis X Ruzicka has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Francis X Ruzicka has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Francis X Ruzicka is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Ruzicka is in a field which requires practice. The most diffcult part of that practice is having patience who will tell you all their syptoms in order for Dr. Ruzicka to determine the correct diagnoses. He has a great network of other individuals in many areas of practice whichh support his ability to take care of his patiences. If it were not for his approach I would be on ten different medications producing poor results. My blood sugars are averaging 80 instead of 300 today.Thanks, Doc!
I saw this doctor because my primary physician was on vacation. I had been pretty ill (so I thought) and unable to go to work for two days - which is not like me. When I got there, I waited in almost 15 minutes before a nurse came to get me. She then told me that she was rushing because my appointment should have been over by now - insinuating I was late. I told her that I was waiting almost 15 minutes in the lobby and she just gave me a strange look. Then the doctor came in. You could tell he didn't want to be there and made me feel like I was wasting his time. I explained my symptoms to him and he said "you only have the flu - you're not that sick". I explained further that I thought I had brochitis and that I am prone to getting those since I do have a lung disease. He disagreed with me.He did give me a prescription for an antibiotic but said there was not need to get it filled unless I got worse. Worse?! I can't even go to work because I feel so sick. He then said I didn't even look that sick. What is that??!! Needless to say, I am definately going to say something to my primary physician about him and make sure that I never see him again.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Ruzicka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1991
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Francis X Ruzicka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsGateway Medical Clinic, 801 S 70th St, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis X Ruzicka in this video.
Dr. Francis X Ruzicka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.