Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis E Salazar
Dr. Francis E Salazar, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pembroke Pines, FL, with other offices in Hollywood, FL and Hollywood, FL . He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Salazar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis E Salazar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
i am a new patient to Dr. Salazar and i can truly say that he is the best ever. After moving to Hollywood Florida i needed to find a Dr. near my home. One of my staff recommended him to me. I called an immediately he accepted me as a new patient. Him and his staff are the best i have ever had the opportunity of meeting. he went over my medical record with me and made it clear that a child could understand. He didn't rush or made me fill like it was business as usual. i am so glad that he came recommended. if you want a caring Doctor, he is definitely the one.
My next door neighbors recommended Dr Salazar and I couldn't be more pleased. At first, I was aggravated about having to wait an hour to see him. But he is so thorough, he spends about an hour with all of his patients. You will have ample opportunity to ask any questions and you will not feel rushed. Also, he is not quick to just push pills on you, which I respect. I have referred a few of my friends and patients to him and would gladly recommend him to anyone. I only gave him two starts for promptness due to the long wait. But he's really worth the wait.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University College Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Francis E Salazar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis E Salazar in this video.
Dr. Francis E Salazar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pembroke Pines, FL.