More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis Sunaryo
Dr. Francis Sunaryo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, NJ. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics. Dr. Sunaryo is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center, Community Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis Sunaryo has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Sunaryo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Monmouth Medical Center
Community Medical Center
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Childrens Hospital of New Jersey
New York Downtown Hospital
St Barnabas Medical Center
Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Childrens Hospital of New Jersey at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
Trinitas Hospital- Jersey St Campus
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Dr. Francis Sunaryo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFrancis P Sunaryo MD, 400 Osborne Ter, Newark, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis Sunaryo in this video.
Dr. Francis Sunaryo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.