Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francisco Ampuero
Dr. Francisco Ampuero, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM, with another office in Albuquerque, NM. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Ampuero is affiliated with Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown. Dr. Ampuero has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francisco Ampuero has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Francisco Ampuero has the following 4 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Dr. Francisco Ampuero is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I have known Dr. Ampuero for 38 years. He is not only a very skilled surgeon, but he has always been kind, caring and compassionate. He has always gone above and beyond explaining all procedures and treatment. He has literally saved my life!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ampuero is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Universidad Cristiana Boliviana (Ucebol)
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Francisco Ampuero accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francisco Ampuero in this video.
Dr. Francisco Ampuero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.