Dr. Francisco Barrera Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Francisco Barrera?

Awful awful experience

Posted on October 18th, 2017

I was going to dr Barrera for about 9 months before I decided enough was enough! The first visit was with the PA who was extremely rude, no bed side manners at all! Then I started seeing Dr. Barrera regularly due to some health issues & let me just say when he tries to get to know you he really " tries to get to know you" if you know what I mean. Visits with him we're unbearably uncomfortable, he would make very inappropriate comments & I was more than often really uncomfortable being in the room alone with him so my sister started to have to come with me to appointments. I'm a 41 year old woman whom should have to drag my baby sister around with me to some appointments. I then finally had enough when one day my sister could not make with me nor my daughter so I went in alone, big mistake! I was sitting on the bed in his office and he was speaking with me when he decided he would put his hand on my thigh, yes I said that correctly my thigh! And not my lower thigh. All with an inviting smile as if though I would react pleasantly to his inappropriate advance. I got up quickly and explained to him I felt very uncomfortable, if he could write up my prescriptions for the front desk so I could leave. I then walked out, to the front desk and explained to the staff there what had just happened & that I would be finding another dr as I felt entirely uncomfortable coming to him any longer. Their response was " Ms. my last name we are very sorry we've dealt with this before so if you just give us time I'm sure we can sort this out. We don't want our patients feeling violated by any means." Wait, they've dealt with this before!? Why on earth does he still practice!? Disgusting! I'm sorry, but if they have dealt with this issue before he should be reported by now. So needless to say it was a horrible experience going to Dr. Barrera and it actually took me quite some time to get his face out of my head. Very bad. Would warn any woman to not go to him or take your daughters, sisters, mothers, aunts, neices, etc. to this man. Sad what this world has come to when men think they have the upper hand. Not to mention the staff there are beyond rude and snappy & sometimes I'd wait up to 45 minutes to be seen. Overall it was horrible there. Please take my advice, you've been warned!

Great Physician

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Barrera's since 2006. Granted, plan to wait a while to see him only because he spends ample time with each of his patients. His PA will also see you as a walk-in. I am highly satisfied with his care. Wouldn't see anyone else.

If you want a good and caring doctor....you found him.

Posted on November 10th, 2015

Dr. Barrera may run late for your appointment but it's because he takes time to listen to his patients about thier ailments never cutting you off, interrupting or rushing. He takes his time to know you and explains in detail what care he is going to give you. Been with this doctor for over 15 years and now my children are his patients. He's the best.

Excellent Dr., Extremely poor office staff and phone lines.

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Dr. Barrera and PA are excellent, however, the office staff are on the completely different end which patients have to deal with primarily most of the visit and calls. To get into the office phone lines is near impossible and when you do, the staff leaves you on hold, when someone calls on the line they are asking what it is you need and put you back on hold only to have another person come on the line and ask you all over again. I do not recommend this doctor's office also due to so many various other issues in which I would not have the time list them all on this post.

Outstanding

Posted on May 11th, 2015

Fantastic doctor. Listens to you, which is rare. Overcrowded schedule. But still worth the wait.

Posted on February 18th, 2015

RUDE RUDE RUDE! ENTIRE Staff will keep you holding on phone for 45 mins just to ask a simple question. Or better yet when u just show up to receive some help they keep u waiting longer then an actual ER would. This is by far the worst treatment ive ever witnessed for my own family member. This office and receptionist especially Do Not Care about treating people w dignity and common decency. If u like to wait for rude robots then this is ur doctor.

Posted on December 30th, 2014

Switching to a different doctor asap! Was the first person here appt was at 1:30 wasn't seen for over an hour! Staff unprofessional office very bland just an over all horrible experience.

Posted on May 29th, 2013

I really like Dr. Barrera. He is a great doctor, but his staff is HORRIBLE. The bathroom is filthy. The wait time with an appt is crazy long. I would consider changing for those reasons but have to wait to find a comparable doctor.

Heart pain

Posted on April 17th, 2012

Went as a walk in with chest pain at ten am and it's 2:05 . I went in for severe chest pain and they had the nerve to tell me to go eat lunch and come back and they would be ready to see me! They sent me away with chest pain! No EKG not even checked blood pressure! If something happens to me they need to be held responsible. What kinda office sends a patient with severe heart pain to lunch? Not only is the staff rude but this dr stinks.

Posted on March 19th, 2012

It has never been hard to get an appointment because we are willing to go in as a walk in. Having worked in a doctors office before I know that means the wait will be long and there is little chance of seeing the doctor himself. However, I do expect to see doctor when we do have a scheduled appointment. My children have been assigned to this doctor for many years and I don't think we have ever met the doctor himself. My main complaint however is that after we see PA, there is no follow up regarding labs or X-rays. Just this last week my daughter had X-rays to make sure she didn't break her wrist. Wrist still swollen and hurts. Called doctors office Thursday (2 days after apppintment)

Staff

Posted on October 6th, 2011

Dr. Barerra is a caring doctor however he has to many patients and the wait time even when you have an appointment is long you can spend half a day there. The staff is rude.

Find a physician you can get in to see when sick!

Posted on September 9th, 2011

I rarely go to the doctor unless I am really sick. My initial visit with Dr. Barrera was for a physical to establish myself as a patient over one year ago. I became very ill and tried to get an appt., which was not available for weeks out or 3 days away to see a PA. Walk in was an option if I wanted to wait to see the PA, which I did. Four hours later, I finally saw the PA for about 5 minutes. He asked some of my symptoms, gave me a general prognosis and sent me on my way. I believe some of my symptoms were severe and shared this with a family nurse. She asked if the PA took any swabs/samples or blood tests, which I responded no. Here I am days later, still getting over this illness, with a lighter pocket book, wondering why I wasted my time. I was also interested to hear from another patient in the waiting room that she had been going to Dr. Barrera's office for over two years and had never met the doctor even though she went every six months to renew some medication. The wait time to see Dr. Barrera was so long that she always saw the PA and always had a long wait. I understand appointments are important, but how can you schedule an illness??? I am changing physicians!