Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francisco J Calimano
Dr. Francisco J Calimano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Calimano is affiliated with Florida Hospital Waterman. Dr. Calimano has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Francisco J Calimano has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Francisco J Calimano has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Francisco J Calimano has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I waited 1 hour and 40 minutes and was never seen by any medicl specialist. Not event a 'we are sorry' . Walked out! All they do is prescribe extreme amounts of drugs. On my first visit I was not examined by the Physician, and the second visit I was scheduled to see and RN - why? Don't have the slightest clue, since no one ever talked to me. I was put in a room with one chair and a computer on a pretend desk. Empty and left there. I thought they had forgetten, went out to the bathroom and left myself be seen by them. Not even then they had the dignity to EXCUSE THEMSELVES> POOR POOR SERVICE>
My brother passed away last year due to Dr. Calimano's "No Care Policy" to CF patients!!!!!! I spent 2 months in the ICU with him and watch how this doctor worked only to be given false hope from him about my brothers recovery! SYAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!!! Go to the Mayo Clinic and if your child has CF, then try and give them Immunical.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Calimano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1992
University Of South Florida
Dr. Francisco J Calimano accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Florida Pulmonary Group Pa, 1115 E Ridgewood St, Orlando, FL
Dr. Francisco J Calimano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.