Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri has the following 12 expertise
- Immune System Disorders
- Blood Cancer
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 2 of 2
Saved my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri - Posted on July 17th, 2018
after a year of pain , no sleep, becoming disable and no diagnosis from other doctors /hospitals, Dr. Hernandez and his team diagnosed me with Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma, he started treatment on me immediately after testing, within 2 days of the first treatment i was pain free and besides dealing with Chemotherapy side effects for 6 months I felt great. I have been in remission for only 3 months but i feel good besides easy fatigue, Dr. Hernandez always returns calls and treats each patient special. He is the best.
Daughter of Patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri - Posted on July 27th, 2012
Dr Hernadez is truly amazing. He has been shockingly available to our entire family and returns calls promptly when we leave a message. He is very attentive, extremely conversational and never rushes us when we have our appointments. I think the longest we have waited is 15 minutes, generally 10 minutes or less. He gives us our options and then takes into account my Father's wishes in the treatment course prescribed. He explains everything thoroughly and always asks if we have additional questions. His staff is equally attentive and always makes us feel welcomed. I am a very critical person and to receive such high marks from me is highly unusual.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Francisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.