Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo MD
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with another office in Birmingham, AL. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo has 2 locations
619 19th St S
Birmingham, AL 35249
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo has the following 9 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
Showing 1 of 1
Instructions, enclosures and warnings
Self-verified patient of Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo - Posted on January 7th, 2019
50 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo's office for more information.
2000 6th Ave S Birmingham, AL : (205) 801-8415
619 19th St S Birmingham, AL 35249
Locations & Directions
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.