Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Francisco R Ruiz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Francisco R Ruiz has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Francisco R Ruiz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 52
I always see the nurse practitioner. She and the rest of the staff are great. My only criticism is that occasionally it would be comforting to see Dr. Ruiz on a visit.
Dr Ruiz is one of the few doctors I have seen that actually takes the time to talk to you face to face. Actually looks directly at you , not staring at your charts and giving you half his attention. That alone helps relieve the usual stress of having to see a Doc in the first place.. As far as his Team of folks that works with him, his PA is equally as nice a guy and certainly seemed more than qualified in what he does. The ladies in the front office were all very nice and personable, they answered every question I had. I have a procedure being done and I had to call back with a few questions and was greeted by a very friendly voice on the phone and got all my questions answered. I would at this point definitely recommend Dr. Ruiz and his team without question.
I went to Dr. Ruiz a year ago for a colonoscopy. I felt he did a very thorough job. He also recommended a one year follow up due to the results and family history. He didn't overlook anything and I found him to be kind and a good communicator. My significant other went to Dr. Ruiz and he found a problem which led to her having surgery. He probably saved her life if he hadn't caught the problem. I don't care if his staff is friendly or whatever, I'm more concerned with the expertise of the Dr.
Dr. Ruiz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1992
University Of South Alabama
Dr. Francisco R Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrancisco Roberto Ruiz Md, 1421 Malabar Rd NE Ste 250, Palm Bay, FL
Dr. Francisco R Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Bay, FL.