Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Franco Castro-Marin
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Castro-Marin is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. Dr. Castro-Marin has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I couldn't eat nor drink for 5 days. I felt like I was dying. I had gone to my regular doctor twice. He prescribed an antibiotic, but it didn't work. I ended up in the emergency room unable to swallow, in intense throat pain & having lost 5 pounds. Dr. Castro-Marin gave me his 'cocktail' for strep throat. Within 1.5 hours I was out of pain & able to eat. He was my miracle worker. I will never forget him and always be grateful for his effective remedy.
Dr. Was knowledgeable but was a little bit condescending and judgmental ... regarding an admission requested by another physician.
He saved my life! I was dying and didn't even know it. When I got to the ER I was very sick, and my infection was drastically advancing, to the point my blood pressure was 68/49. This all happened with in a couple of hours. A combo of his trauma expertise and that hot Cuban face, got me to where I needed to go safely for surgery! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! He also got me to reevaluate the relationship I was in at the time!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Castro-Marin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Denver Health Medical Center
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScottsdale Emergency Associates Ltd, 7400 E Osborn Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Franco Castro-Marin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.