Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank M Armocida has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Frank M Armocida has the following 6 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Disorders
Dr. Frank M Armocida is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I hardly ever take the time to give reviews, good or bad. But, this time, couldn't disregard doing so. I'd heard that Dr. Armocida was one of the BEST Orthopedic Surgeons around. So I was very hopeful for my (long overdue) full hip replacement. I'd been a passenger in a car accident nearly 20 years ago, but didn't realize the trauma that had happened to my leg, hip and back. But, it came to the surface, causing tremendous pain for the last 5 years, or so, and could hardly walk for the last 2. So, in January, I finally went to see Dr. Armocida. Dr. Armocida said I was a good candidate for anterior outpatient surgery (w/o cutting thru the muscles) at their PMC surgery center. A week and a half ago, I had surgery at 7am and was home by noon! I started feeling better the 1st day and each day thereafter. Of course, I started with a walker, but was fully comfortable and able to move to a cane by day 4. By day 6, I could easily walk w/o the cane around in the kitchen or bathroom. Now, by day 9, I can easily walk anywhere w/o the cane, even though my PT said I should still use it outside, as a precaution. I know I still have more time for a full recovery, but am amazed by how far I’ve come in such a short time. My original daily pain level for my hip was 8 out of 10, which was nearly unbearable. IT'S NOW ZERO! Bottom line, I just want to thank Dr. Armocida and his full team for the wonderful job they did. He's absolutely the BEST in my book! Also, I and my wife have commented that we've NEVER met a nicer more caring Doctor—EVER. He always takes all the time you need, to listen, show compassion, answer any and all questions, and send you confidently on your way—from EVERY visit. Personally, I have to give him the HIGHEST of all recommendations, in any and all reviews! My ONLY REGRET is I didn't know about, find and do this procedure w/Dr. Armocida 2 years ago!
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
15 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Frank M Armocida accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Group Of The Carolinas Orthopedic Surgery Pelham, 2755 S Highway 14 Ste 1200E, Greer, SC
Dr. Frank M Armocida is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greer, SC.