Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Frank B Benson III has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Frank B Benson III has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Frank B Benson III has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 16
I'm not a big fan of doctor visits, but I can honestly say that Dr. Benson has been one of the most caring and interesting individuals I've ever met. Dr. Benson is incredibly understanding and has treated me like family since the moment I first walked into his office beaten and hopeless. His nurse, Susan is great as well. It's almost as if I'd know Dr. Benson my entire life. Not only has he been my doctor, but he's been a friend and a mentor. He's placed me under his care and has even been there to help guide me outside of his practice on his own time. He's never forced me to do anything; he's allowed me to make my own decisions while encouraging me to make the right ones. It's obvious to me that he has my best interest at heart. He's always been willing to tell me like it is, and his life experience and expertise have helped guide me toward a successful recovery. Since I've been treated, I've received two promotions at my job, my grades in college have improved, and I no longer bring baggage and problems into my relationships. Life is manageable for the first time in a decade. I will never forget and always be thankful for Dr. Benson.
DR. Benson is a very caring doctor he is a great person inside and out. he will be a friend as well as your doctor. you can tell him anything and hes sure to listen and give advice. and offer his help with anything. i drive over 80 miles one way once a month. i would'nt trade DR. Benson for anythig. he's my hero.
42 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPersonal Touch Health Care Inc, 824 6th Ave SE, Decatur, AL
Dr. Frank B Benson III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, AL.