Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank J Ferraro has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frank J Ferraro has the following 14 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Frank J Ferraro has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frank J Ferraro is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Ferraro sat down and took the time to address all my questions and concerns. He always provided me with an answer. When I called back to ask additional questions his nurse was so sweet and call me back within an hour of so. His staff is super friendly. I will definitely be keeping him as my Endocrinologist.
Getting an appointment took time. Dr Ferraro's exam was thorough but he seemed not to hear my issues. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and was told I would need to see a surgeon and have more tests. I had to call several times a couple weeks later to find out what was going on and was told they were busy and not to worry they would call me. In other words do not call back. I had another Dr's office set up the appointments for me the same day and it was another week before I heard anything from Dr. Ferraro's staff. Cancer regardless of its type is upsetting to most and having to wait to know what to expect can be hard. In closing the staff at this location are not friendly and do not seem to care about the patients. I stood up front to check in for over 10 minutes waiting for someone to take care of me. Then again upon check out. I iwll not be going back to this office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLexington Endocrinology, 132 Sunset Ct, West Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frank J Ferraro in this video.
Dr. Frank J Ferraro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Columbia, SC.