Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank J Gaffney has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
My husband had a severe heart attack several years ago out of state. In follow up we were referred to Oklahoma Heart Hospital Physicians. We made an appointment and were seen by Dr. Frank Gaffney. We were immediately impressed with his knowledge and sincere interest in my husband as a patient. He explained in detail exactly what was done in an out of state hospital and then did the same for subsequent procedures performed by the Team of Cardiac Physicians. He was kind, easy to talk to, and compassionate. He is very understanding and very knowledgeable regarding medications and their interactions and will make necessary changes when necessary. In addition to our experience with Dr. Gaffney, we might add that we have also had positive experiences with all of his staff and in particular Jennifer Warren, one of the Assistants. We would and have absolutely recommended Dr. Frank Gaffney to anyone we meet that needs this kind of medical care.
My husband went to Dr. Gaffney after a minor scare that was thought to be cardiac related. During his initial visit (where I was present), Dr. Gaffney spent 30 minutes listening to our fears about the incident and answered every single question. It was the first time in years we did not feel rushed by a physician. I spent 20 years with cardiac physicians in a major city due to my father's 6 separate open heart surgeries and I know what I am talking about - this doctor is winner. Would highly recommend!
Both my primary care physician and my pulmonologist belived in Dr. Gaffney to send me to see him. As a patient I of course was concerned with my health, after all you don't go to a cardiologist for an ingrown toe nail. To each question I asked I received a hateful or condecending response. After having a procedure done he was even hateful to my driver who had to take the test results since I was sedated. I've asked for a different cardiologist and now am meeting resistance. Even if you are a specialist, there's nothing wrong with a little compassion and kindness. Patients are concerned or even scared about their health, don't make them feel two inches tall when they have a question Dr. Gaffney
26 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Frank J Gaffney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOklahoma Heart Institute, 1265 S Utica Ave Ste 300, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Frank J Gaffney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.