Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank J Hackl
Dr. Frank J Hackl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Broken Arrow, OK, with another office in Tulsa, OK. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Hackl is affiliated with Ok Surgical Hospital. Dr. Hackl has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank J Hackl has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
As a nurse, I have met many doctors. Dr. Hackl is by far my favorite. Great bedside manner, and up to date in all of the techniques of pain management.
You only see Dr. Hackl only one time, the first time you visit. The rest of the time you see either a nurse or a PA. The wait time is an hour or more. If you take ANY anti-anxiety meds, they tell you if you need pain treatment you have to STOP taking any anti-anxiety medication. If you have CHRONIC pain or a HIGH TOLERANCE to narcotics that requires you to take more than 4 pills total (that includes any combination of pain meds. Meaning for example: 2 Narco + 2 zohydro= 4 pills total) a day, this IS NOT the place to go. It is their "policy" not to give more than 4 a day. DEFIANTLY NOT A PILL MILL and DEFIANTLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR PAIN.
Dr. Hackl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Frank J Hackl accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Frank J Hackl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Broken Arrow, OK.