Dr. Frank R Heckl Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Frank R Heckl?

Horrible doctor. Spends more time about his fat mother and jesus rather than medical issues with his patients.

He is so fired!

Waited 1.5 hours to be seen. Then he wouldn't let me talk. Said he was running out of time...I was the one who had to wait! Lectured me because I wouldn't listen. Suggested treatment already tried by past docs but wouldn't hear me out!. He is so FIRED! If I get cut off by my Dr because it took so long for him to see me, then I did not receive the adequate level of care.

Think retirement may be in his near future.....

Appears to be a very nice man, but seems to experience some flight of ideas., Rather difficult to follow his train of thought at times. Respective to his rational for treatment, he frequently references the bible as his resource. Appeared to be more interested in "preaching" his general care philosophy and sharing his personal life experiences verses having a direct exchange/conversation with me.

Do not see this doctor.

Worst Doctor. Interrupts constantly. Rude, doesnt care about patients. Bedside manner is horid.

knee injury

He first made a rude comment about my taking half a pain pill. The entire appointment was filled with religious comments. He did not allow me to ask any questions about my injury. I left appointment more confused than when I arrived.

Best Knee Surgeon You Could Ever Have

Best doctor in Albuquerque.

knee patient

I had a 1.5 hour wait, most of it in paper shorts. Once in the exam room, Dr. Heckl spent most of the short amount of time with me complaining about his paperwork due to obamacare and voters supporting Pres. Obama. He was very interested in me feeling his knee crunching (years of not taking his own med advice?) than actually examining mine. He basically finished with no exam until I asked him to physically check my swollen knee. He hand waved me off as needing physical therapy and some weird shot of something that he didn't explain except to say it would cost extra. He left it to his RECEPTIONIST to explain the shots?!? DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HIM!

Probably the best knee surgeon in the state

The person who referred me to him told me his bedside manner was rough, but he honestly cares and he is probably the best knee doc in the state. He has done my knee as well as my wife. He doesn't sugar coat things, and he is a busy guy. If you want somebody to talk nice to you, go to Starbucks. If you want the best surgeon, go to Dr. Heckl.

This dr entered the room saying "if your here for pain meds... you're in the wrong place. I don't believe in handing out drugs." This was before he even introduced himself. He went on the say that "god told him that we would all have to suffer pain in our lives." After looking at my x-rays, he then told me that he "sent his own overweight mother for a knee surgery and that she died." This is when i got up and walked out. I asked the nurse if there was someone i could complain to? Her response was "you can complain 'til your little hearts content." I demanded to talk to the office manager. He offered to get me a new dr and did not charge me for this visit. Needless to say.. i won't be returning to dr heckl or new mexico orthopedics again.

Dr. Frank R Heckl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.