Dr. Frank K Hixon Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Frank K Hixon?

PATIENT

THIS OFFICE WAS WONDERFUL. FINDING A PARKING PLACE CAN BE DIFFICULT. USE THE FREE VALET. DR. HIXON IS VERY KIND. HIS STAFF EVEN HELPED ME FILL OUT MY PAPERWORK. I FOUND MY NEW ENT DOCTOR

i recommend!

Ist visit

Had severe nose bleed out of town. Local hospital ER placed balloon in nose. Got back to Bama and was recommended by Dr. Knutson at the ER at Thomas Hospital. Highly professional visit with Dr. Hixon, not only removed balloon, but did a complete exam of my nasal passages. Bedside manner was outstanding.

Before going to Dr Hixon from my daughter, we first tried 4 other doctors in the Mobile area and had nothing but TERRIBLE experiences. I decided to give Dr Hixon a try even though it is quite a drive from West Mobile. I have not been sorry for that drive a single time. At the initial appointment he evaluated her, went over our options, gave a straightforward opinion, and gave an in dept explanation of her issues. He answered all of my questions clearly and in simple terms that were easy to understand. When the decision was reached to insert tubes, he explained the process to me in depth and expressed no impatience (as many doctors had at the time) over me writing everything down so I didn't make a mistake when relaying the info to deployed daddy. My daughter was just over a year old when she had tubes put in both ears by this doctor, which were estimated to remain in for about a year. At the time of the procedure, things moved very quickly, but even then the staff was extremely friendly and made sure to go through the entire process with me again so that I wouldn't be surprised by anything. The ONLY issues we had at the time of the surgery was that the person that called me on the phone told me that there would be crackers and juice at the hospital for her after she came out of it as she would be hungry, so I didn't bring any myself. BIG mistake as they did not actually have these items, and I had an hour and a half drive home so I had to do a fast food run. The other issue was that they told me to arrive about a half hour before the hospital doors even unlocked to admit patients, so we had to stand outside waiting. After the surgery we had no issues. At every follow up appointment the staff is friendly and Dr Hixon makes sure to give us plenty of detail about whatever is going on with my daughter (now 3) at the time. One of the tubes came out naturally on it's own after about a year and a half, and the other tube will most likely have to be removed at our appointment next month. The staff that answers the phone seems to have issues with scheduling appointments (they always seem confused about why I'm calling and I have to spell it out multiple times) but otherwise I absolutely love this doctor and his staff!

He took great care of my little girl. He put tubes in her ears twice (she grew out of the first) and then he removed her tonsils and adenoids. His nurses are very sweet and helped with my other two children while I talked to Dr. Hixon . Everyone was extremely kind.