Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Frank J Albers has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Frank J Albers has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Frank J Albers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Albers - Posted on April 20th, 2010
okay where do I start Dr. Albers, very friendly, very nice. But he gutted me like a fish. Gave me a full hysterectomy split open my stomach from belly button down. Sent me home with vicodin which I had already been on because of the pain in my back. I had large fibroid tumors. I was in so much pain recovering well 2 weeks into recovery my stomach popped open and there was an infection. Had to go to emergency room it was a holiday. Follow up visit "no worries" next visit dr why is my stomach hanging oh u probably have a tear u didn't heal right. That happens ur over weight u can live with that. Up & moves his practice to the eastside. Well I'm not that big, 50 pds. give or take I'm in pain all the time. Addicted to vicodin and no one wants to prescribe them to me. So much pain in my back. Look like a freak naked. Can't afford another Surgery, been to pain management & therapy no insurance economy. Oh yeah and I never got my records. Yeah, I give him 4 stars for ruining my life. Dr. Oz says you don't have to remove everything and u should due to fibroids. Said its like cutting off a mans u know. This happened in 2005 so its not like the dark ages. okay I'm done...... shew that felt good.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Frank J Albers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsST JOSEPH EAST, 150 N Eagle Creek Dr, Lexington, KY
Dr. Frank J Albers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lexington, KY.