Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Frank H Kern has the following 5 specialties
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
Dr. Frank H Kern has the following 4 expertise
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
Dr. Frank H Kern has 4 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frank H Kern is Board Certified in 4 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
36 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFrank Howard Kern Md, 6504 Joyce Way, Dallas, TX
Dr. Frank H Kern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.