Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank J Koziara II has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frank J Koziara II has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Frank J Koziara II has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I had made a rescheduled appointment because of different stomache issues and was excited to actually get to see a GI specialist rather than a PA (which are great, but I pay money to see a GI specialist!) I went to my appointment and was again examined by the PA. She brought Dr. Koziara in to the exam room. He didn't even look at me, examine me or really even talk to me - he only talked to the PA. That was it, told me I needed XYZ test done and left. I will not be going back to that doctor. I was afraid to ask him questions because he looked uninterested and rushed. So, yes the whole minute that he was there made my 1 minute decision never to go back to him.
I was referred to this Dr as he was a "specialist". All he did was pass me on to a surgeon. After seeing the surgeon for something that wasn't even the problem, I went back to Dr Koziara for a proper diagnosis. He told me "I don't know why you're here. There's nothing I can do for you. Go back to the surgeon." I had minor rectal bleeding which, according to their website, is what they treat. I was devastated and in tears when I left his office. On top of that they told me I couldn't possible have Cdiff because I didn't have the symptoms. Turns out I did. I only found out because I insisted on getting tested. Save your time and money and find a real Dr who will actually take care of you and not pass you on.
I recently moved to Northern Michigan from out of state and sought a new gastroenterologist for my conditions and I can not place into words how utterly unsatisfied I was with Koziara. I have seen several specialists throughout my life and was mainly just looking to become established with a specialist here and have never been treated with such utter disrespect and disregard for my health and well being before in my life. Simply put there are better doctors at McClaren, seek them out first. At first I was impressed with how quickly all my appointments were given to me, but now I wonder if it is because he can not keep a full docket with how he treats his patients.
28 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Frank J Koziara II accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates Of Pittsburgh, 3285 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Frank J Koziara II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.