Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank L Kriger has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Kriger has a pleasant bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. The typical wait time has been close to two hours. The most significant problem with Dr. Kriger's practice is the office staff. His receptionist Karen, who you have to deal with for everything with the office, is the rudest individual I have ever encountered. Comments such as, "I'm extremely busy, you'll just have to call back this afternoon," should not occur. She is unhelpful, condescending, and treats you as if you are a bother. She should be ashamed of herself for treating patients in that manner. I can only hope Dr. Kriger has not heard the way she speaks to people because it would be really sad if he was aware and is continuing to let it occur. Despite the fact that Dr. Kriger has been a wonderful doctor, I am now looking elsewhere to save myself the indignity of dealing with his staff.
On the first visit I waited roughly 2 hours past my appointment time which they had me show up early to fill out paperwork. Never got an apology for the wait. I had some lab work done for my second visit. When I showed up I got lectured over and over again from the front desk lady how I should have know better. She showed me the lab work and angrily asked "Does this look like everything you were supposed to have?" I have no idea what lab work the doctor ordered nor do I understand how to read it enough to know what it should have. Today I called to have one of my prescriptions updated. The response was " why didn't you get that done when you were here last". I didn't even know what to say. I talked her into filling it but I couldn't remember how many milligrams I was taking which I got more attitude about. At the end of the call I cancelled my appointment, which is 3 weeks from now, because I will be out of town for work. Than I got to here more attitude about the cancellation and again about not getting my prescription filled at my last visit. I won't be going back.
35 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Frank L Kriger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeonardtown Surgery Center Llc, 40900 Merchants Ln Unit 200, Leonardtown, MD
Dr. Frank L Kriger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leonardtown, MD.