Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank Oser III
Dr. Frank Oser III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Oser is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital, Ochsner Hospital For Children and Ochsner Foundation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank Oser III has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Primary Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Saw Dr. Oser for migraines several years ago. Lesions found on brain through MRI. Dr. Oser did a 10 minute exam, didn't listen to symptoms very carefully, seemed in a hurry, decided that Migraines were due to TMJ. Suggested that I see a dentist. Recently had symptoms reappear. Saw a neurologist in Baton Rouge. MRI, lumbar puncture revealed MS. Could have begun treatment many years ago if he had taken the time to listen and properly diagnose. Definitely would not recommend this physician.
Dr. Oser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Jefferson General Hospital
Ochsner Hospital For Children
Ochsner Foundation Hospital
Kenner Regional Medical Center
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Northshore Regional Medical Center
Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank
Ochsner Clinic Foundation
St Anne General Hospital
38 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Frank Oser III accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER, 1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Frank Oser III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.