Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank A Pettrone
Dr. Frank A Pettrone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, VA, with another office in Vienna, VA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Pettrone is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center. Dr. Pettrone has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank A Pettrone has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Tennis Elbow
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Injuries
- Hip Surgery
- Shoulder Pain
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Saw Dr.Pettrone after a jogging incident. He's nice and friendly, but I just was left so thirsty for a clear solution. Just felt I wasted time with the appointment - no clear direction regarding my torn meniscus. Just if you want, we can have surgery, if you don't maybe you can live with the pain?! The indifference is frustrating.
Went in for an opinion on my ACL which had been feeling weird after I had torn it and had surgery on with a different Dr. He recommended another surgery to replace the ACL with cadaver. My knee feels worst than before, I have a huge, crooked and horrible scar. Also when he stitched up the cut he overlapped the skin. I would not recommend Dr Pettrone, worst decision I ever made to go to him! There are a lot of good ortho surgeons around. Do your homework and read their reviews (something I failed to do).
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Pettrone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Frank A Pettrone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frank A Pettrone in this video.
Dr. Frank A Pettrone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.