Dr. Frank Pieri Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frank Pieri?

Posted on October 2nd, 2014

Dr. Frank Pieri was my doctor for close to 20 years. He is thoughtful, smart, funny, a determined listener and thinker. I was very fortunate to give my mind to him and work together on healing my mind and psyche.

Excellent diagnostician

Posted on February 28th, 2012

Dr. Pieri has outstanding clinical experience and his diagnosis and associated treatment recommendation was spectacularly effective. He is not a therapist - he is a physician. I do not expect warm fuzzies from a physician - I have a therapist for that. I expect to receive expert medical advice - which I got. It's not appropriate to bring your emotional needs to a psychiatrist.

Not a patient advocate

Posted on January 24th, 2012

I went to Dr. Pieri to request a change of medications and was referred to him by my therapist, who I really like. The doctor gave me a prescription but said it might require prior authorization and otherwise I might have to pay two co-pays in order to get an increased dosage of the medication. I later called him back to say the pharmacy wouldn't process the prescription without prior authorization. I left a message stating that I did not want to pay two co-pays every month and asked why he hadn't done the prior authorization work. He called back later, saying I was snippy in my message and that he didn't like my tone. He asked me if I knew how much work it takes for prior authorization and I said that since I didn't work with it, I didn't know. Because I believe he is not patient-centered, I told him I was discontinuing my patient relationship with him, to which he agreed.First of all, a doctor should be taking whatever measures they have to, to make sure their patient is taken care of. Next, you don't call a patient snippy and tell them you don't like their tone because they are standing up for their rights.I ended up without the medication I need for two weeks because of his need to be incommunicado with his patients and his unwillingness to make a effort for his patients.I would not recommend him to anyone else based on my initial consultation and prescription fiasco.

Antagonizing, dangerous

Posted on January 12th, 2012

This therapist was not nice to me, and I did not return for a third visit. He was abrasive and made rude comments about me as a person. I also heard through an acquaintance that he put a patient at significant risk - he had the patient on a cocktail of psychotropic medications and the patient was experiencing bizarre side effects that mimic a dangerous complication of anti-psychotic medications. When asked about this, Dr. Pieri stated that it was the "standard of care." Interestingly, although this patient was at risk for some significant side effects, the doctor did not follow up with the patient after starting and altering the patient's medication regimens. I do not recommend this doctor.

This doctor is a God-send.

Posted on October 9th, 2010

After going through a lot of terrible psychiatrists, I found one that is truly a gift. Dr. Pieri has been the only doctor to really listen to me an consider my opinions to be valid. We have worked together for about a year, and I am finally on the perfect medication for my mental illness. Appointments are easy to get and he calls you right back if you leave a message with a concern. He also completes refill requests very quickly. I recommend him to everyone.

Posted on September 15th, 2017