Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank J Raia has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Frank J Raia has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Frank J Raia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
Don't really know how good a surgeon. But I can tell you his "bedside manner" is non-existent. He spent all of maybe 6 minutes with me. He gave a cursory "examination" to my hands. And did not listen to my explanations but rather talked over me when I attempted to tell him what had happened. I don't know if I will go back to this man. After all, if he doesn't have time to spend with his patients to listen to their concerns, he probably will speed through any required surgeries. His other reviews only give him two stars on all other sites. He needs sensitivity training.
This doctor is the most rude, condescending, uninterested, unprofessional doctor I have ever experienced. His lack of concern and/or caring was apparent by shrugging his shoulders and giving short answers to any questions. He actually tried to discredit my former physician that is well renowned in the field on the east coast during my visit. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I would prefer to give him negative stars, but I didn't have that option.
I went to this dr. for a follow-up from an emergency stay at a local hosp. He appeared very disinterested, lacked any information from questions I asked and was extremely evasive. Even though I an not happy with the drs. assigned to me during my hosp stay...I'd choose them over raia. And I'm not picky! I think he had a personality/compassion-ectomy... Great Staff though~
18 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Frank J Raia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCore Institute, 3420 S Mercy Rd Ste 200, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Frank J Raia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.