Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank Vasey
Dr. Frank Vasey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brainerd, MN. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vasey is affiliated with Harper University Hospital, Children's Hospital of Michigan and Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan. Dr. Vasey has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank Vasey has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frank Vasey has the following 24 expertise
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Dr. Frank Vasey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frank Vasey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vasey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harper University Hospital
Children's Hospital of Michigan
Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tampa James A. Haley Va Medical Center
James A Haley Veterans Hospital
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Karmanos Cancer Center
DMC Surgical Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Detroit Receiving - UHC
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Dr. Frank Vasey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & DirectionsEssentia Health St Josephs Clinic, 2024 S 6th St, Brainerd, MN
Dr. Frank Vasey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brainerd, MN.