Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Franklin O Ampadu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Franklin O Ampadu has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Franklin O Ampadu - Posted on April 3rd, 2016
I have been to Dr. Ampadu numerous times his office never follows up with you. He never does what he is suppose to, you are the one who has to keep coming in or calling him for your results or for him to do what he should be doing regarding your health. His staff is no better, they do not help you either. If you want to keep coming in or calling your doctor since he never follows up go right ahead and book your appointment with him. Otherwise search for a compassionate physician that will take care of his patients like a doctor should! I guess this is why his score is a 2.
Never get or take pain medication when your doctor is too busy to l8sten.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Franklin O Ampadu - Posted on February 26th, 2015
I saw Dr. For approximately less than 5 minutes. Dr. Ampandu. Sstated that I had indifestion and probably bruised my ribs when I fell in their parkIng lot. He was kind and apologetic. I left his office with scripts for Dexilant (for my indigestion) and a script for Percocet 5, de to ribs. Took my my medication, received some relief. Around 1 a.m. the pain was the worst ever. Thank Y9u Dr. Joe West, you saved my life. My angel Dr. West placed 3 stents into my heart.
Dr. Ampadu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Franklin O Ampadu Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsFRANKLIN AMPADU MD, 2055 Limestone Rd, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Franklin O Ampadu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.