Dr. Megyn Busse Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Megyn Busse?

LOVED her!

Posted on October 12th, 2017

I've been struggling with strabismus for 3 years now. I've tried glasses and exercises for years with not much success. I also was apart of the one of the higher (most severe) cases. (The highest is a 10, which means the eye stays completely to the side and it cannot move in. I, thankfully had an 8. That means I had my eye stuck in an outward position when looking far away, but not as much when looking close.) A common affect of the strabismus is double vision. I struggled with double vision badly, making it where when I looked at someone, I would literally see two of them. We visited her Monday and did the surgery that Wednesday (yes the one 2 days away!!) I am now 2 weeks out post-op and I have never felt better. I can resume to my full activities and I can see with normal, singular vision.

Never Again

Posted on April 18th, 2017

The office is so cluttered with toys and a collection of dolls that it is dirty and just creepy. From the waiting area, to the reception area to the two exam rooms, it is just filled with toys and Barbies and dolls and old desks even. This might be a good time to mention also that I thought we were going to see a male doctor, but the person who saw my child goes by the name of Megyn not Franklin. The whole experience was just not good and well, weird. I'd rather drive farther to see another doctor than to repeat that experience.

Plays Political Games Instead of Provides Care

Posted on August 4th, 2015

We've gone to Dr. Busse for five-plus years. Today, at our annual checkup and not before, we were told Dr. Busse wouldn't accept our insurance because we purchased it on the exchange. Denying children care is not an appropriate, or even humane, tactic for making a political statement especially when that child - his patient - has no input into the decision. What other bills passed by Congress might he disagree with that will give him the right to deny care and discontinue treatment? It's a slippery slope when businesses let political beliefs dictate business protocols - something I think Dr. Busse would be especially sensitive to. What's ironic is before the Affordable Health Care Act was passed my son couldn't get coverage because it was classified as a pre-existing condition. This is a doctor who cares more about making asinine political statements than providing care to children. Parents should consider if this is the kind of person they want treating their child.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on December 22nd, 2013

Dr Busse has taken care of both my children, He is the kindest person I've ever had the priveledge of knowing. His staff completely compliments him from start to finish. He quietly, quickly,and gently connects with his patients. Like visiting an old friend. He makes us smile!

Rude Staff!!!!

Posted on October 17th, 2012

Office staff is EXTREMELY rude actually hung up the phone on me!

Would definitely recommend this doctor! cant write enough how great he is!

Posted on September 18th, 2012

My 4 yr had to go through surgery 3 times. 2 were from a previous doctor. She had bleeding from both eyes all the way home..2 hour drive. too much to list all the bad that happened. When Dr. Busse did the 3rd surgery..we had no problems at all. Its been one year and no problems at all. She looks perfect. I never had to worry about bleeding eyes or any issue at all. Im glad I found doctor Busse!

a lot you need to know....

Posted on November 30th, 2011

I'm a pretty uperclass guy with pretty high expectations, especially when it comes to the care of my kids. I was referred to Busse's office. When I walked in I was absolutely shocked. The staff area looks like somethign otu of a hoarders episode. There were TONS of toys all over the place and I thought they seemed quite dirty. The staff was terribly unfriendly. I waited over an hour after my appointment time when they finaly called me back. When I got back there I was impressed by how he interacted with my child and he seemed very knowledgable. While I was in the waiting room I called 2 very close friends who are both very successful eye doctors. Both said this was one of the top 3 child eye doctors in town. they said he's one of the few that accepts medicare which may explain why the patients and the cleanliness of the office wasn't what I expected. Not an excuse but just not what I was used to. they could still take better care of the place. The more interesting thing I think you need to konw is I understand from a woman in the waiting room that Dr. Busse is undergoing a gender change. The entire time he talked abotu his wife and 2 teen age kids. I honeslty couldn't tell if he was a man or a woman. It was all very strange and I can only imagine a lot of the kids that go through there would have a lot of questions. You need to know what you're in for before you walk in and do your homework to make sure you're prepared. I was looking for an excuse to walk out but i'm glad I stayed. He did a great job on my child and I foudn him to be extremely friendly, etc. I've read some strange reviews on him and I'd say non surprise me. end of the day, i'm glad I saw him.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on November 2nd, 2011

I really love taking my two boys to see Dr. Busse. He is extremely knowledgeable and had good bedside manor when we had surgery with him this last September. I was a nervous wreck having to take my 2 year old in for surgery; but Dr Busse was very helpful with answering all of my questions and putting me at ease. The staff was excellent. He has a very nice play area for the kids with tons of toys and even video games. The wait can be a bit long, but he is a really good doctor and the play area makes up for it. He is a very sweet and gentle man, and I was very impressed how well he communicated with my two children. I would recommend him to any of my friends.

Patiens Mom

Posted on November 2nd, 2011

Very very knowledgeable, great with my two boys. I have been seeing him for over 5 years and wouldn't go anywhere else. I find his front staff very appropriate. Not exciteable just trying to deal with alot of parents and little kids. Not at all an easy task!!!

Stop and run away - FAST!!

Posted on May 26th, 2010

This guy is really not all there! I would not even recommend him for you pet rat. Qith NO warning, he sprayed my 7 yr. old in the face and got really mad when she shut her eyes and hollered! He insisted there was no way she was seeing "double" - and all he did was have her read an eye chart and spray her in the face! When I asked him why he said that, he just repeated himself - no explanation. Although his BODY was facing me, the whole time he spoke, his head was turned facing a blank wall. He looked at the wall, spoke to it, and gestured to it, like there was someone there. . . When I moved to try to get eye contact, he would quickly move his head to prevent it!He dressed in full Operating garb, even to the head covering, concealing his ponytail.

It's too bad his front office is so difficult...

Posted on March 25th, 2010

He is a good doctor who has a way with kids and seems very knowledgeable about his profession. I have nothing nice to say about his office staff.

RUDE STAFF!!!!!!

Posted on May 26th, 2009

everyone but one is rude in his office! Find another dr.!! They make it difficult!!