3.2

Have you seen Dr. Franklin M Douglis?

What a joke

This place is ran like a zoo. Front reception is rude. Nursing staff looked tired and disgruntled. And the doctor just likes to hear himself talk. First and last time I'll waste my time ,money and Ent issues here. What a joke.

Mrs. R

I wish to find a caring,, good listener and precise in the diagnost Dr.

The upside is that it isn't difficult to get an appointment on short notice, but there are definitely some downsides. He doesn't really listen to you or make you feel like he cares. He will simply recommend some treatment and have you come back for a follow-up over and over again. At some point, I began to feel like they were simply trying to make money off of all the follow up visits. He got my diagnosis wrong twice. I will NOT be going back. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Fantastic

Fantastic! You can tell Dr. Douglis loves his job. Wonderful attitude and probably the most thorough check-ups I've ever had. My appointment was one of the last ones of the day and never once did I feel like I was being rushed.Also the assistant, is just as attentive as Dr. Douglis You'll be in great hands with him!

Patient

Dr. Douglis is a wonderful Doctor. He took his time with me and explained everything step by step to me and my husband. I found out I still have Tonsils even though my parents had them taken out years ago. That was a big surprise. He ran a fibro optic camera down my throat to see this. I was a little nervous about that part but it really wasn't that bad. He explained everything he was doing and why. He did not rush our questions and was very personable. I am glad we found him. I say we because my husband says he will use him if he has a need for an ENT. Oh yea- His staff was also great!!!

he is an awful rude doctor; his PA Bob is great

his manager of the allergy clinic Cindy is an idiot. Shenothing about healthcare and wanted to give me allergy shots in her sandals. You can telll knows she has never went to medical/nursing school. How she got that job is beyond me.

Fantastic doctor!

I have taken my daughter to Dr. Douglis and I have also been to him. On both occasions we were able to get an appointment the same day as I called (we were both very ill). The staff was exceptionally courteous and caring. He was very thorough with me and after having an incorrect diagnosis at another doctor, he treated me correctly and I immediately began to improve (as did my daughter). After having received my test results, he promptly followed up with me with further instructions for my care. At a subsequent facility that he referred me to, I had very bad treatment. On my follow-up appt., when I informed him of the matter, he took swift action on my behalf, calling the facility and speaking personally to them about my treatment. His staff also called me multiple times to check on my progress and when I came back to the office, the nurses each came in to chat with me and tell me they were happy to hear I was better. I would highly recommend Dr. Douglis to others. The care both my daughter and I received was exceptional!

Second Opinion

I went to Dr. Douglis to get a 2nd opinion regarding sinus/deviated septum surgery. Dr. Douglis was very thorough and answered all my questions. I believe he did a better exam than my first ENT. Dr. Douglis disagreed with the diagnosis and felt there was no reason for the surgery. I am most will change going to transfer to Dr. Douglis.

Waste of Money

If you have a basic hearing problem I would image he is good. However, He was not very good determining the cause. If you want to waste money go here. He ran several tests. He charged me three times on checking my hearing. The last time he charged me was for their curiosity if my hearing went back to normal. I could tell my hearing was better.

Go somewhere else

The upside is that it isn't difficult to get an appointment on short notice, but there are definitely some downsides. He doesn't really listen to you or make you feel like he cares. He will simply recommend some treatment and have you come back for a follow-up over and over again. At some point, I began to feel like they were simply trying to make money off of all the visits they were requiring, so I'm going to go somewhere else. The final straw for me was when they did some blood work and were going to call me if something was wrong (I didn't schedule a follow-up, because there was no need to return if nothing showed up on the tests). His office called, acted alarmed, told me that I needed to return because there was something wrong with my test results. They said it couldn't wait until the following week and asked if I could come in that day. I couldn't, but I scheduled an appointment for 2 days later and worried for the entire 2 days. When I got there, they told me that nothing was wrong and that they just wanted to go over my "normal" test results with me. When I complained that they worried me for nothing, he simply said that it was practice to go over test results with patients and that I would have needed to return for a follow-up anyway. As a side note, his wife apparently runs some sort of diet program and they try to subtly (or not-so-subtly) push you toward participating.

All the 4 star ratings on these reviews are done by the Dr. and his staff

He Doesn't Listen

He made me get a hearing test that I didn't need. I'd just had the same one done by my own audiologist. He constantly interrupted me when I tried to tell him my problem. He was rude, his staff looked dirty and unkempt. He tried to sell me on his "miracle" weight loss program. But he had no long term results, so I knew it was a scam.This guy is no good. There are many better doctors out there.

Dr. Franklin M Douglis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Conroe, TX.