Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Franklin C Milgrim has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
For the first time in my life, I feel like I am actually capable of handling situations with grace and ease. I am happy with his ability to understand my problems and effectively prescribe medication. He is also readily available by phone and text, which is very helpful for my insane schedule. I would highly recommend!!!
Dr. Milgrim was easy to speak to. He immediately puts you at easy and truly listened to what you have to say. Even in the times I was finding it difficult to articulate what I have been going thru and felt like I was just rambling, he was able to understand, rephrase and repeat back to me in order to ensure he got where I was coming from. I felt like l had been seeing him for years on my first visit. Huge upgrade from my former Psychiatrist . If you are seeking help or are dissatisfied with the level of treatment you're receiving from your current Psychiatrist , I would highly recommend making a consultation appointment with Dr. Milgrim. I know everyone thinks that their doctor is the best, because that's what you want. However, if you don't have anything to compare to, how would you know? Not all Psychiatrist are created equal.
Dr. Milgrim is the best! He actually answers his own phone! I have seen a half dozen psychiatrists in my life but Dr, Milgrim was more knowledgeable, clear, compassionate, thorough and helpful than the rest. I since have referred him family members and friends who have all had positive experiences and were helped by this man. I highly recommend him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Abington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Franklin C Milgrim accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFranklin Curtis Milgrim Md, 11911 San Vicente Blvd Ste 242, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Franklin C Milgrim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.