Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Franklin T Wetzel has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Franklin T Wetzel has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Franklin T Wetzel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Wetzel was an amazing surgeon and doctor. From day 1,when I met Dr. Wetzel, he spent as much time with me as needed. He was extremely thorough and very reassuring that he could help me. As it turned out, I needed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion from C4-C7. As you can imagine I was nervous and apprehensive but the staff at Temple were all great and professional, especially Dr. Wetzel. He explained the entire procedure, answered every question I had and put my mind at ease. I would absolutely, 100% recommend Dr. Wetzel to my family, friends or anyone that is suffering from neck and back pain. I'm at the 12 week mark after my surgery and I am glad that I went through with it.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
37 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Franklin T Wetzel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTemple University Hospital, 3401 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Franklin T Wetzel in this video.
Dr. Franklin T Wetzel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.