Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Fred Arkus
Dr. Fred Arkus, MD, FAAP is a Doctor primarily located in Jersey City, NJ. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Arkus is affiliated with Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center, St. Marys Hospital and Hoboken University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred Arkus has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Fred Arkus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Arkus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center
St. Marys Hospital
Hoboken University Medical Center
Palisades Medical Center
Meadowlands Hospital Med Ctr, Secaucus, Nj
Christ Hospital, Jersey City
General Hospital Center at Passaic
55 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1958
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions3526 John F Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ
Dr. Fred Arkus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.