Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fred E Braastad has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Fred E Braastad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I had Dr. Braastad years ago for surgery and he was good then I had Hernia surgery preformed again On Feb.1, 2018 he has the best bedside humor which anymore is a must he knows his field very well and he will never get any complaints from me ever. He did a wonderful job :) Very Happy. Noboby can please everybody all the time but can please himself all the time. and most his patients most the time Nobody is perfect except for God!
I had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Braastad's associate, Dr. Patel. 4 days later I ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain and nausea. Dr. Braastad was the doctor I could follow up with on short notice. My symptoms were yellow skin and eyes, dark urine, pain after eating solid foods, abdominal pain, but Dr. Braastad told me this was normal recovery and that I should just relax and eat smaller portions. Turns out I may still have stones in my bile duct which may require a second surgery. Dr. Braastad did not want to do any tests to make sure there was not something wrong. I would never send someone I cared about to this doctor.
I went to Dr. Braastad for hernia surgery about 8 years ago because a surgical nurse told me if she needed surgery, Braastad was the surgeon she'd choose. Braastad did a laparoscopic procedure on me, and I have had NO trouble with hernias since. I have since had a second procedure performed by Dr. Braastad, and all went well. You can't get a better recommendation than from a surgical nurse! I have NO complaints whatsoever about Dr. Braastad, except that he looks very much like Bill Clinton. :+))
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Braastad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1984
University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine
Dr. Fred E Braastad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAssociated Surgical Group, 7303 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL
Dr. Fred E Braastad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.