Dr. Fred Grogan Jr Is this you?

One of the Best

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Dr. Grogan was the doctor who diagnosed my particular allergies and treated them with the best medicine of the time. I remember his bedside manner, his patient concern, and the way he candidly answered medical questions sometimes unrelated to my allergies.

Mom

Posted on November 13th, 2013

Caring, knowledgable, excellence driven. Listened

Won't be seeing him again

Posted on September 13th, 2013

He was a good enough doctor, has been doing this for a long time. He was nice enough to me without having any reasons to discriminate against me. He even gave me samples of emergency dissolving allergy pills in case of mild anaphylaxis. However, as conversation developed in the next hour over my degree, where I earned it, faith and denomination that I am affiliated with, (all of which he was very familiar), he proved to be the most sexist, racist, and homophobic individual I have met in a professional setting. I left in a state of shock from the things he said. Again, he wasn't directing this toward me, until I disclosed that I am a female in ministry, which was as I was leaving. While it wasn't directed at me, I was still offended that as a professional he would be so open with his patients about the things he addressed so casually. My eyes were popped and my jaw dropped. Inappropriate. This aside, I was not told before my appointment to stop taking allergy medicine for the two weeks preceding the visit, which clearly affected my results since I had taken one even that morning. Now I have to pay more to go again (to a different doctor though) to further address recurring issues. That might seem like a no-brainer, but it was my first visit to an allergist and didn't think about it.

Posted on October 1st, 2015